Office: Psychology & Economics building, room 309
I'm a theoretical biologist with a special interest in evolutionary theory, population dynamics, and cultural evolution.
I'm a mathematician. I especially like applying probabilistic and statistical models to biological questions.
I'm a computational scientist. I use numerical and stochastic simulations, statistics, and data visualization.
I'm a senior lecturer at the Efi Arazi School of Computer Science at IDC Herzliya since Fall 2018.
I was a CEHG postdoctoral fellow at the Feldman Lab in Stanford University. I did a direct Ph.D. in the Hadany Lab at Tel Aviv University and got a B.Sc. in math and biology from Tel Aviv University.
I'm also a technical trainer. I help engineers and data scientists use Python for scientific computation and data science.
I live with my partner, four kids, and two dogs.
I enjoy walking, eating, cooking, and gardening, listening to hip-hop and podcasts, reading, and watching NBA.
- Postdoc, Stanford University, 2016-2018
- PhD, Tel Aviv University, 2012 - 2016
- Mentor: Prof. Lilach Hadany
- PhD title: The Evolution of Stress-Induced Mutagenesis: Causes and Consequences
- MSc via Direct PhD track, Tel Aviv University, 2010-2012
- Theoretical and Computational Biology
- BSc, Tel Aviv University, 2007-2010
- Biology and Mathematics magna cum laude
- Senior lecturer, Efi Arazi School of Computer Science, IDC Herzliya, 2018-current.
- Technical instructor, 2016-ongoing
- Python for Engineers, Machine learning, Deep learning
- Postdoctoral fellow, Feldman lab, Stanford University, 2016-2018
- Postdoctoral fellow, Hadany lab, Tel Aviv University, 2016
- Data scientist, Neura, 2016
- Lecturer & TA, Tel Aviv University, 2011-2015
- Programming for Engineers, Programming for Biologists, Evolution, Intro to CS
- R&D, NetAlgin, 2008-2009
- Developer, XLNet, 2006-2008
- R&D, IDF Intelligence Corps, 2002-2006
- Stanford Center for Computational, Evolutionary, and Human Genomics (CEHG) Postdoctoral Fellowship, Stanford University, 2016-17.
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching at the Faculty of Engineering, Tel-Aviv University, 2015-16.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology International Education 2014 Scholarship.
- SSE International 2011 Travel Award.
- Direct Ph.D. Scholarship from the Department of Molecular Biology and Ecology of Plants, Tel Aviv University, 2010-2015.
- SMBE 2010 Undergraduate Diversity Mentoring Program award.
- Best poster award at MMSB 2010 in Tel-Aviv, Israel.